Just How Close Is the Rapture?
Jesus was quite clear that no human knows the day or hour of His return for the Church. He did, however, say that when we see the signs of His soon coming we can be sure that “summer is near”. It would appear that we are on the verge of summer...
|"When you see all these things, you will know that He is near, right at the door." (Matthew 24:33)|
Jesus was quite clear that no human knows the day or hour of His return for the Church (Mark 13:32). He did, however, say that when we see the signs of His soon coming we can be sure that “summer is near” (Mt. 24:32). It would appear that we are on the verge of summer. Here's a small timeline outlining some of the latest prophetic events, from 2001 to 2019, indicating that the rapture is right around the corner...
1. APR 1, 2001 - Netherlands became the first country in the world to legalize same-sex marriage. Ever since, a domino effect across the world has led to dozens of countries legalizing gay marriage (currently 27, and the list is growing all the time), an official endorsement of sin not even seen in Sodom. The only other time in history when homosexual "marriage" was practiced was … during the days of Noah. And guess what? That was the final straw that led to the Flood. Remember, Jesus said He would return at a time when society resembled “the days of Noah” (Matthew 24:37)!
There are now 27 countries where gay marriage is legal.
In only the last few years has homosexual sin, as well as transgenderism, reached its zenith. Homosexuality has become the 'norm', and by destroying the institution of marriage, the "gay rights" LBGQTI movement made possible the transgender revolution, which has been sweeping across the world since late 2013. Several new words have entered our English language: cisgender, gender-fluid, non-binary (gendered), pansexual, trans, and transgender. There are now 114 different gender options listed on Tumblr and dozens of proposed gender-neutral pronouns. Children are having sex change operations. Gender is being eliminated on birth certificates. The media is fixated with stories of men’s transformation into women and women who have operations to be like men. The “gender theory” is being infiltrated into educational materials for children...
Did the pre-Flood world have even this level of sexual immorality before judgment? I seriously think not, which makes one wonder: if we've surpassed the level of homosexuality and sexual immorality that existed in Noah's day, and this particular sin was the final straw before judgment, how close are WE to judgment?
|RFID microchip implant in the hand|
Furthermore, GPS-enabled RFID chips can keep track of your every move so that no man can “buy or sell” without the approval of a central government (Revelation 13:17).
3. JUN 29, 2007 - The first ever iPhone was released, causing smart phones to become mainstream for the first time. Smart phones, along with satellite televisions (est. 1962) and the Internet (est. 1974-1983), allow for the gospel to be preached to the WHOLE world (Malachi 1:11; Matthew 24:14), and the two dead witnesses to be seen by the ENTIRE world over the span of three and a half days (Revelation 11:9; 10).
In addition, smart phones can track your location anywhere there are cell towers and your activity online is constantly being monitored by companies and governments. Mass surveillance would make it easier for a totalitarian government to control its citizens (Revelation 13:17).
|The first iPhone was released in 2007 (Photo: Apple)|
Nonetheless, the worldwide infrastructure for mark of the beast commerce is present and widespread social acceptance of such a system is perhaps only a year or two away. Digital payment methods, like Paypal, Google pay, NFC payments and Credit Cards, became well established in countries across the world by the 2010’s making this possible. There are now reports that cash usage will be surpassed by debit cards and contactless payments in a few years!
5. JAN 17, 2009 - Fifteen miles off of the coast of Israel, the Tamar field, which is a natural gas field large enough to fill 40 percent of Israel’s energy needs, was discovered. This was the first of several such fields Israel would discover in 2012 and 2013. But wait—there’s more! In 2015, a massive oil reserve ten times larger than average oil fields in other parts of the world was discovered in the Golan Heights. If Israel is able get to it, the field could make the Jewish state self-sufficient in oil for years! Gog (Russia) will invade Israel with the prime motivation of seizing spoil and carrying off plunder (Ezekiel 38:12). Could it be oil and gas?
Interestingly, there are reports that oil production in the surrounding countries will peak in a few short years, which would affect Russia and perhaps drag her into the Gog-Magog War. Some believe Russia’s peak oil production could be just three years away! Could the Gog-Magog War also be just a few years away? If the war takes place in the first half of the tribulation period, how much closer is the rapture?
|The Tamar gas rig, located 23 kilometers (14 miles) west of the city|
6. SEP 2, 2009 - The Earth is overdue, and more vulnerable than ever, for a devastating solar storm. Based on historical precedence, experts predict that a massive solar storm should hit our planet roughly once every 150 years. The last one, known as the Carrington Event, happened in 1859 — 156 years ago. There is strong indication that Earth will be adversely impacted by a major solar storm right before the Second Coming (Revelation 16:8-9; Revelation 16:10-11).
Interestingly, Earth’s sun goes through an 11-year cycle of increased and decreased activity, and the next peak activity (when the possibility of a solar storm hitting Earth is at its highest) is due around 2024–2025. If the time is ripe for a major solar storm on Earth, and this judgment is unleashed at the end of the tribulation period, how much closer is the rapture?
|Solar flare captured on August 31, 2012, taken from the Solar Dynamics Observatory.|
|Earthquake in Tiberias|
With the sudden increase in seismic activity, and the fact that Israel is overdue for a major earthquake, it's no wonder the experts' predictions of a major quake within a few months are not unfounded (see: Coming Soon: A Devastating Earthquake). If the time is ripe for a major earthquake in Israel, and the earthquake takes place in the tribulation period, how much closer is the rapture?
8. SEP 14, 2015 - Russia moved their military forces out of Russia and into Syria. Thus, the three most powerful nations involved in the invasion force that attacks Israel (Ezek. 38) - Russia, Iran, and Turkey - now reside in Syria, with their military forces camped on Israel's border. And not just any border - Israel's northern border. Remember, Ezekiel said the Gog of Magog invasion force will come from the north (Ezekiel 38:15; Ezekiel 39:2). Never before have the military forces of these three nations been on Israel's northern border at the same time. And never in the history of the world, have the three formed an alliance. At least that is, until now...
|Presidents Hassan Rouhani of Iran, Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey and Vladimir Putin of Russia|
Meanwhile, the other three nations involved in the invasion force - Libya, Algeria and Sudan - are already closely aligned with Russia and hostile to Israel. If the stage is set for the Gog-Magog War, and the war takes place in the first half of the tribulation period, how much closer is the rapture?
Interestingly, Forbes just reported that 2019 will witness the emergence of avatars or images of a person that will in essence be their AI counterpart...
10. 2017 - A record-breaking year for heat and extreme weather (natural disasters). Even secular news sources and mainstream media recognize the unprecedented number and severity of natural disasters the world experienced in 2017 (see: 2017 — a year of disaster). The US, for instance, was struck by hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria combined with devastating Western wildfires and other natural catastrophes. Bible prophecy foretells that one of the signs of the last days, leading up to Jesus' return, is the appearance of earthquakes (Matthew 24:7). The Greek word for “earthquakes” is seismos, which can also refer to violent storms involving wind and water (see—Mark 4:37).
|The three biggest hurricanes of 2017 making landfall in the US. Courtesy of Chris Dolce|
Interestingly, according to the Advanced National Seismic System (ANSS) composite catalog, recent years have seen a marked increase in the number of earthquakes with a magnitude of 8.0 or greater:
- 1900's - 3 earthquakes
- 1910's - 0 earthquakes
- 1920's - 1 earthquake
- 1930's - 1 earthquake
- 1940's - 1 earthquake
- 1950's - 1 earthquake
- 1960's - 3 earthquakes
- 1970's - 2 earthquakes
- 1980's - 3 earthquakes
- 1990's - 7 earthquakes
- 2000's - 13 earthquakes
- 2010's - 10 earthquakes so far
The 20th Century witnessed 22 earthquakes with a magnitude of 8.0 or greater, but already the 21st Century has seen 23 such earthquakes (within just 18 years!). If that pace continues, we'll see 128 earthquakes of 8.0 magnitude or greater by the end of this century! It certainly appears to be reaching a climax.
|Site of the new US embassy in Jerusalem|
"When you hear of Israel in the news it is God's prophetic minute hand, but when you hear of Jerusalem in the news it is God's prophetic second hand."If the world is already focused on Jerusalem, and it will be the focus of the tribulation period, how close is the rapture?
12. MAY 18, 2018 - Turkey's dictator, Erdogan, held a historic conference of Muslim nations in Istanbul and called for 57 Islamic nations to form an anti-Israel army with the goal of destroying Israel. Not only were the missing members of the Ezekiel 38 alliance (Sudan and Libya) finally brought together, but Psalm 83 foretells of a future 10-member coalition who will unite together to destroy Israel, and the leaders of ALL the nations in the Psalm 83 alliance attended this summit! If the stage is set for the Psalm 83 War, and this war paves the way for the Gog-Magog War which takes place in the first half of the tribulation period, how much closer is the rapture?
|The Islamic military alliance will be equivalent to western defense coalition NATO.|
Why is this red heifer so significant? Because only after sacrificing the red cow, can construction begin on the Third Temple in Jerusalem! Interestingly, the cow must be, at a minimum, within its third year of life, or between 3-5 years of age, for sacrifice! Thus, if this pure red heifer remains a candidate, and the Third Temple is built in the first half of the tribulation period, how much closer is the rapture?
|Temple Institute/YouTubeA red heifer has been born in Israel.|
14. NOV 7, 2018 - A ten nation European Union (EU) military confederation was officially launched by Emmanuel Macron. Bible prophecy foretells that a 10-nation military alliance will rise out of a revived Roman Empire (the EU) and will come under the control of the Antichrist (Daniel 7:23-24). There are more questions and speculation than anything else at this point regarding the future of this new force. But, if this is the EU-ten nation federation the Bible predicted, and the Church is removed before the Antichrist is revealed, how much closer is the rapture?
15. 2018 - The world, and especially its super power, has an economy that is surging with no signs of letting up, almost a decade after the financial crisis (2007-2009). Scripture indicates that the world economy will be surging at the time of the rapture, but at the same time—it will be one global disaster away from collapse (Matthew 24:37-39). Interestingly, there are reports that the world economy is going to crash in a few short years. Some experts have even given ten reasons why the world economy will crash by 2020. Is this just another indication that the rapture is right around the corner? Of course, the rapture could (and very likely) be the cause of this coming worldwide collapse.
16. 2018 - Some of the actors we see on the world stage appear to be players in the tribulation hour. For instance, there is strong indication that Putin might be Gog, the leader of Ezekiel 38 and 39 (see: Could Vladimir Putin be Gog?), and that Pope Francis might be the false prophet (see: Could Pope Francis be the False Prophet?). These likely actors already on the scene tells me that the end-time play is about to begin!
Interestingly, Pope Francis turns 82 in less than a week (putting him nearer to the end of life), and thus, if Pope Francis is the false prophet the Bible predicted, and the pope's main participation as false prophet is in the last half of the tribulation period, is this just another indication that the rapture is right around the corner?
|Vladimir Putin (left) & Pope Francis (right)|
17. 2019 - A Mideast peace plan is soon to be unveiled by the Trump Administration. Donald Trump's soon-to-be-revealed “deal of the century” has the hallmarks of the covenant the Bible says the Antichrist will later enforce (Daniel 9:27). If the signing of the Israeli-Palestinian peace treaty can almost be seen, and the Church is removed before it's signed and tribulation begins, how much closer is the rapture?
|Forging ahead, Trump team confident its peace plan appeals to Palestinians|
18. MAY 14, 2018 - MAY 13, 2019 - The 70th Anniversary of Israel’s rebirth. The reason why I've included this significant event is that it happens to coincide with ALL the aforementioned prophetic implications that indicate just how close we are to the rapture and so many other things I don’t even have space to include in this article. The generation that sees Israel reborn is the same generation that will see the completion of the tribulation and the return of Jesus Christ (Matthew 24:32-35). Is it sheer coincidence that ALL the prophetic developments witnessed in our lifetime have formed, and appear to be culminating, within one generation (70-80 years, see Psa. 90:10) since Israel’s rebirth as a nation? And if this generation is about to end, how much closer is the rapture?
Just How Close Is the Rapture?Sure, many people throughout the past century have thought that the rapture would happen in their lifetime. Since the 1970s and 1980s, there have been countless predictions about when the rapture would take place. All have been wrong, and I'm not surprised. Bible prophecies have been rapidly falling into place since the re-establishment of the State of Israel in 1948. But there are three key differences between now and decades past that, for the first time in history, indicate the rapture is, truly, just around the corner...
1. The first and most important is the explosion of end-time era technology. Second Coming prophecies throughout the New Testament require the existence of modern technology (RFID chips, AI and robotics, mass media and telecommunications, etc.). Only in the 21st Century, and specifically the last few years, have the advancements in technology made ALL tech-related end time scenarios a REALITY!
|The rapture could happen at any moment!|
3. The third factor that makes our time different is the stage-setting for events in the tribulation period. In only the last few years, we have seen the tribulation period beginning to cast shadows ahead of itself through the positioning of players and events. The stage is now set for the Gog-Magog and Psalm 83 War, construction of the Third Temple, the Antichrist's 10-nation confederacy and Mideast peace plan etc. As we witness the stage being set today for events that will transpire during the tribulation period, we can know that the rapture is THAT MUCH CLOSER!
It could be that the Lord delays (and every day he does, thousands of people in the world's darkest corners are being saved). Keep in mind that 2 Peter 3:9 tells us:
"The Lord isn't really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent." (2 Peter 3:9)BUT God can only delay for so long. It does appear that we are so close to the rapture! I have no doubt the rapture will occur any day now; it could happen today. BUT the question is…are you ready for Jesus to come? If Jesus returned today, would He be your “Blessed Hope” (Titus 2:11-14)? Or would He be your “Holy Terror” (Revelation 6:12-17)?